Orange Glazed Chicken
|Skinless, boneless chicken breast halves||1 1⁄2 Pound (6 Breast Halves)|
|Canned vegetable broth||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can, Ready To Serve, Clear)|
|Sweet orange marmalade/Apple jelly||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Hot cooked rice||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the broth, marmalade and lemon juice.
2. Blend in the cornstarch, stirring until you get a smooth sauce.
3. In a large, flat skillet melt and heat margarine or butter over medium-high flame.
4. When hot but not smoking, arrange half the chicken breasts in the pan, and fry for about 5 to 7 minutes each side until evenly browned and tender.
5. Remove the chicken onto a platter and keep warm in the oven.
6. Cook the remaining chicken pieces.
7. Drain the fat in the pan, and tip in the prepared sauce.
8. Stir to blend and heat, stirring, until it begins to thicken slightly and comes to a boil.
9. Return the browned chicken pieces to the pan, spooning the sauce over them
10. Reduce the heat, cover pan with lid and simmer chicken for 5 minutes until tender.
11. Divide the hot cooked rice equally onto 6 dinner plates.
12. Place a chicken piece on each and spoon the sauce over the chicken.
13. Serve hot accompanied with sautÃ©ed greens on the side if you like.