Chicken Nuts And Pineapple
|Fryer chicken||8 Pound, disjointed (1 Chicken)|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chinese cabbage/Green cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Macadamia nuts/Brazil nuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Pineapple chunks||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained|
1) In a saucepan, put chicken, water, onion, salt and pepper.
2) Bring to a boil and simmer for 35 minutes or until chicken is tender.
3) Remove the chicken, strain and reserve the broth.
4) Cut the chicken into pieces and discard bones.
5) In a deep skillet, heat oil, sautÃ© the cabbage, celery and chicken for 3 minutes.
6) Stir in the nuts, soy sauce, sugar and 2 cups of broth.
7) Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add pineapple and cook for 3 minutes.
8) Serve hot, with rice.