Chicken with Eggplant and Tomatoes
|Tomato juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ripe tomatoes||3⁄4 Pound|
1) Slice the eggplant.
2) Sprinkle with salt and leave for 15 minutes.
3) Meanwhile, seed and slice the pepper.
4) Peel and slice the onions.
5) Blanch, peel and quarter the tomatoes.
6) In a flameproof casserole, heat the oil, add the chicken and fry over a moderate heat, turning frequently, till browned all over.
7) Remove from the pan and reserve.
8) Add the onions and pepper and fry for 5 minutes.
9) Return the chicken to the casserole, add the tomato juice and seasoning and bring to a boil.
10) Rinse the eggplant and pat dry on paper towels.
11) Add to the chicken, cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
12) Add to the chicken and cook for a further 5 minutes.
13) Serve with plain boiled rice and a green salad.