Chicken Stuffed Squash Balls
|Ground chicken||2 Ounce (60 Gram)|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Winter squash||7 Ounce (Orange Or Yellow Flesh, 200 Gram)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. In a saucepan mix ground chicken with soy sauce and sake. Saute over low heat, stirring constantly, until chicken loses its pink color. Cool. Divide into 8 equal portions.
2. Cut squash into chunks, then peel. Combine in saucepan with sugar and enough water to barely cover. Cook, uncovered, until squash is tender. Drain. Mash, then divide into 8 equal portions.
3. On a 8-inch (20-cm) square of plastic wrap held in one palm, spread 1 portion squash into a circle 3 inches (8 cm) in diameter. Place 1 portion chicken in center of squash. Bring up ends of plastic wrap to enclose chicken in squash. Twist ends of plastic to form squash into a ball.
6. Roll squash balls in cornstarch. Heat oil to high deep-frying temperature (360°F/180°C) and deep-fry. Drain on absorbent paper.
7. Serve hot or at room temperature.