Creamy Coconut Chicken
|Chopped shallots/Chopped onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Dried ground chili peppers||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground peanuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Coconut cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a large mortar, tip in the shallots, garlic, chili peppers, peanuts, coriander, lemon rind, sugar and salt. Pound the mixture to a smooth paste
2. Dip the chicken into the mixture and let it sit into the mixture for a while to pull in the flavors.
3. In a deep skillet, heat the butter and sautÃ© the chicken in batches till browned and cooked through.
4. Pour in the coconut cream, soy sauce and all of the rest over spice mixture
5. Cover and cook for 20 minutes on low heat till cooked and tender
6. Check the seasoning
7. Serve hot.