Poached Chicken Breasts for Salads
|Chicken breasts||6 Pound, skinless, boneless, halved, tenderloins separated|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Water/Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
1) Season the chicken breast halves lightly with salt and pepper.
2) In two small skillets, place the tenderloins in one and the chicken breast halves in another.
3) Cover the chicken with 1/2 inch water, then add 1/2 pickling spices and wine into each skillet.
4) Allow to simmer, then cover and cook over a low heat for about 5 minutes until the tenderloins are cooked and for 7 to 8 minutes for larger chicken pieces.
5) Allow the chicken cool in the liquid for half an hour so that it remains moist.
4) Use as required to prepare salad.