1) Trim chicken livers and keep aside.
2) In a saucepan melt half the butter. Add chicken livers, cover and lightly fry for 5 minutes.
3) Take off the pan from heat.
4) Pass livers and juices through mincer or blend in an electric blender.
5) Stir in brandy or sherry.
6) In a mixing basin cream remaining butter.
7) Mix the liver mixture and beat to blend.
8) Add salt, freshly milled pepper and little grated nutmeg.
9) Fill the mixture into a small covered dish and chill.
10) Serve as a spread on canapes or cocktail biscuits.
11) Alternately pass with hot toast and butter.