Chicken Eggs Foo Yung
|Sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted beef stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped and cooked|
|Chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Eggs||6 Small, slightly beaten|
|Bean sprouts||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked, drained|
|Green onion tops||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Eggs||6 , lightly beaten|
|Corn oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Green onion tops||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (For Garnish)|
1) In a saucepan, combine the sherry, cornstarch, vinegar, garlic powder, ginger and fructose.
2) Stir until the cornstarch is dissolved thoroughly.
3) To the pan, add the beef stock.
4) Over low heat, cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Keep the sauce aside.
5) In a large bowl, combine the chicken, bean sprouts, minced onion tops and eggs. Mix well.
6) In a heavy iron skillet, heat the corn oil.
7) With a paper towel, wipe the bottom of the skillet to spread the oil evenly.
8) To the hot skillet, pour in the egg mixture (like preparing pancakes), using about 1/4 cup to form each patty.
9) On both the sides, lightly brown each patty.
10) Continue to cook for 5 minutes, until the egg is completely set.
11) Before serving, spoon a little of the sauce on each. Serve, garnished with chopped green onion tops.
Calories 251 Calories from Fat 134
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.8%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 403.5 mg134.5%
Sodium 189.3 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.83 g3.3%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 22 g44%
Vitamin A 13.1% Vitamin C 9.4%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet