Chicken Breasts Florentine
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Spinach||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), well-drained cooked, chopped|
|Part skim ricotta cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Chicken breasts||16 Ounce, skinned and boned, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness (Four 4 Ounces Each)|
|Skinned boned chicken breasts||16 Ounce, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness (4 Breasts, 4 Ounce Each)|
|Reduced calorie margarine||4 Teaspoon (Tub, 1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Reduced-calorie margarine||4 Teaspoon (Tub, 1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Plain dried bread crumbs||4 Teaspoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Dry white table wine||8 Teaspoon (2 Tablespoons Plus 2 Teaspoons)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a 10-inch skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, saute the onion and garlic, stirring constantly and cook, until softened.
3) Stir in the mushrooms and saute for about 5 minutes until browned.
4) Turn off the heat and stir in the spinach, cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, oregano and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
5) Sprinkle the chicken breasts evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
6) Spread 1/2 of spinach mixture over each breast, leaving 1/2-inch border on all sides, roll the chicken breasts crosswise and secure each with small skewers.
7) In a 11 x 7 x 2-inch baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, place the chicken rolls.
8) In a small skillet, melt the margarine, stir in the bread crumbs, then sprinkle the mixture evenly over the chicken rolls.
9) Add wine into the baking dish, cover with a foil and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
10) Remove the foil and bake for another 8 to 10 minutes, until the biscuits are golden.
11) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 410 Calories from Fat 143
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.9%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 136.6 mg45.5%
Sodium 846.2 mg35.3%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.83 g3.3%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 51 g102.5%
Vitamin A 14.3% Vitamin C 7.8%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet