Pan Roasted Herbed Potatoes And Chicken
|Boneless, skinless, whole chicken breasts||1 1⁄2 Pound (2 In Number)|
|Skinless, boneless chicken breasts||1 1⁄2 Pound (2 Whole Breasts)|
|Vinaigrette dressing/Bottled salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Of Your Choice)|
|Basic vinaigrette/Bottled salad dressing of your choice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose potatoes/New red potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound (4 Large Sized)|
|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound (4 Large, All Purpose / New Red Ones)|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Bay leaves/1 teaspoon dried oregano / rosemary||4|
|Ripe tomatoes||1 1⁄4 Pound (4 Tomatoes)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Remove the chicken tenderloins from the breast meat. Cut the breast meat in half horizontally, to create thin cutlets. Pound the tenderloins and cutlets between sheets of plastic wrap, until they are 1/4 inch thick. Place them in a shallow bowl, add 1/4 cup of the dressing, and set them aside to marinate.
2. Scrub the potatoes and cut them into 1/2-inch dice. Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat until very hot, about 1 minute. Add the potatoes, turning them with a slotted spoon until well coated with oil. Turn the heat down to medium-low and cook, uncovered, until the potatoes are a little crusty on the bottom, about 10 minutes. While the potatoes are cooking, mince the garlic.
3. Turn the potatoes over, and using a metal spatula, scrape and stir the crusty bits that are sticking to the bottom of the skillet. Add the garlic and bay leaves, and season with 1 teaspoon salt and some freshly ground black pepper. Cover and cook until the potatoes are tender, another 10 minutes. During this time, core the tomatoes, cut them into 1/4-inch slices, and marinate them in the remaining 1/4 cup dressing.
4. When the potatoes are almost soft and cooked through, lay the chicken and its marinating juices on top. Cover and simmer over low heat until the chicken is just cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side.
5. Spoon some tomatoes and dressing in the center of each dinner plate, and place a chicken breast over and slightly to one side of the tomatoes. Discard the bay leaf, and scrape the crusted potato bits from the skillet back into the potatoes; adjust the seasoning. Spoon some potatoes on the other side of the tomatoes, and moisten the chicken with the remaining tomato dressing.
Calories 955 Calories from Fat 314
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.9%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g23.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 197.3 mg65.8%
Sodium 806.7 mg33.6%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g38.3%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 87 g173.9%
Vitamin A 26.4% Vitamin C 150.7%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 34.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet