Chicken Zucchini Pineapple Stir Fry
|Unsweetened pineapple juice||2 2⁄3 Tablespoon (2 Tablespoons Plus 2 Teaspoons)|
|Canned chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Ready To Serve Type)|
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Chicken breast||5 Ounce, skinned and boned, cut into 3 x 1/2-inch strips|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Celery ribs||2 Medium, sliced diagonally (6 Inches Long)|
|Zucchini||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Canned unsweetened pineapple chunks||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), drained|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced (Fresh / Canned Drained)|
|Green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diagonally sliced (Scallions)|
1) In a small glass or stainless-steel bowl, mix the pineapple juice, broth, soy sauce and garlic powder together.
2) Coat the chicken thoroughly with the mixture, cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3) Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon, dry on paper towels and reserve the marinade.
4) In a wok or 10-inch skillet, stir-fry the chicken in the oil over a high heat for 2 to 3 minutes until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm.
5) In the same skillet, stir-fry the celery and zucchini for 1 to 2 minutes.
6) Stir in the pineapple, mushrooms and scallions and stir-fry for another 1 minute.
7) In a bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the reserved marinade.
8) Stir into the skillet alongwith the chicken, stirring constantly and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the sauce is thickened.
9) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 98 Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.1%
Saturated Fat 0.36 g1.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.6 mg6.9%
Sodium 176 mg7.3%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 10 g20%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 27.4%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet