Oven Fried Chicken
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Brown sugar/Honey||1 Tablespoon|
|Yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Plain Regular / Low Fat)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Chicken||4 Pound, quartered or cut into 8 pieces (1 In Number)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. Combine the garlic, brown sugar, if and yogurt in a mixing bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Turn the chicken pieces in the yogurt mixture, and if you have the time, cover and set aside in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 375Â°F.
3. Combine the flour with the paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper in a shallow plate.
4. Lightly oil a baking dish large enough to accommodate the chicken without crowding. Coat the chicken with the seasoned flour and shake off any excess. Set the chicken, skin side down, in the dish and bake for 25 minutes.
5. Turn the chicken over and bake until cooked through, another 35 minutes. Serve immediately, or set on a rack to cool to room temperature.