Stuffed Chicken Rolls Over Zesty Vegetables
|Zucchini||3⁄4 Pound (2 Medium Ones)|
|Yellow squash||1⁄2 Pound (1 In Number)|
|Canned stewed tomatoes/Pasta-style tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Drained pitted black olives||6 Ounce, chopped (1 Can)|
|Frozen corn kernels||20 Ounce, thawed (1 Bag)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Black forest ham||4 Ounce, finely chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Whipped cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely snipped chives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fresh Ones)|
|Chicken breast cutlets||1 1⁄2 Pound, sliced (8 Slices)|
1. Preheat the oven to 425Â°F.
2. Trim off the ends of the zucchini and yellow squash. Cut them in half lengthwise, remove the seeds if they are big, and cut them into 1/2-inch chunks.
3. Combine the zucchini and yellow squash in a mixing bowl with the tomatoes, olives, and corn. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper to taste. Transfer this mixture to a 13 X 9-inch nonreactive baking dish. Cover and bake for 15 minutes.
4. While the vegetables are baking, combine the ham, cream cheese, and chives; season with salt and pepper. Using your fingers, press some of the mixture over each chicken slice. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
5. Remove the baking dish from the oven, and arrange the chicken rolls in a row over the vegetables. Re-cover the dish and bake until the chicken is just cooked through, another 30 to 35 minutes. Serve 2 chicken rolls per person, and surround them with the vegetables and natural juices.
Calories 282 Calories from Fat 95
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.7%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g17.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27 mg9%
Sodium 557.8 mg23.2%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.9%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 19 g38%
Vitamin A 10.1% Vitamin C 22.5%
Calcium 4% Iron 9.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet