Garlic Chicken With Peppers And Beans
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red bell peppers||2 , stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch strips|
|Chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 8 pieces|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm)|
|Dried sage leaves/8 large fresh leaves, snipped||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Canned white cannellini beans||15 Ounce, drained, rinsed (1 Can)|
|Canned red kidney beans||15 Ounce, drained, rinsed (1 Can, Small Beans)|
|Flat leaf parsley leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375Â°F.
2. Heat the oil in a deep 6-quart flameproof casserole over medium-high heat. Add the bell peppers, cover, and cook over low heat until tender, 5 minutes. While these are cooking, remove the skin from the chicken pieces (except for the wings, where it is just too hard).
3. Push the peppers to the side and add the chicken. Cook over medium heat just to stiffen the flesh, 2 minutes on each side. Remove the breast pieces from the casserole and set them aside. Add the wine, broth, garlic, and sage and bring the liquid to a simmer. Add 1 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste. Cover, transfer the casserole to the oven, and bake for 30 minutes.
4. Return the breast meat to the casserole, and add the white and red beans. Continue to bake, uncovered, until the chicken is cooked through, 15 minutes. While the chicken is cooking, coarsely chop the parsley.
5. Serve the chicken in deep bowls, sprinkled with fresh parsley and swimming in all its lovely fragrant juices. Or, using a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken and beans to a serving plate. Boil the juices down until only 2 cups remain, 3 to 4 minutes. Adjust the seasoning, stir in the parsley, and ladle the sauce over the chicken and beans.