Baked Chicken With Noodles, Plus
|Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves||5 Pound (About 12 Pieces)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon (1/2 Stick)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||2 Ounce (3/4 Cup)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Fettuccine||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Tomatoes||4 Medium, cored and cut into 3/4-inch dice|
|Fresh chives||1 Bunch (100 gm), finely snipped|
1. Preheat the oven to 375Â°F.
2. Arrange the chicken breasts on a large baking sheet. In a small bowl combine the garlic, lemon juice, oil, and 1 teaspoon salt. Rub this mixture into the chicken. Cover with foil and bake until the chicken is just done, 45 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat. When the foaming subsides, whisk in the flour and cook over low heat for 1 minute. Gradually, whisking vigorously so the mixture does not lump, work in 2 cups of the milk. Then add the remaining 2 cups milk. Bring to a simmer, whisking occasionally. When the sauce comes to a simmer (do not let it boil over), turn the heat to low and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and add 1 teaspoon salt, the Parmesan cheese, and pepper to taste.
4. Half an hour before the chicken is done, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Add the fettuccine and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, 10 minutes. Drain and return half the noodles to the pot. Transfer the other half to a 13 X 9-inch baking pan and set aside for the Second Time Around. Add the diced tomatoes and chives to the noodles in the pot and toss them together.
5. Transfer some of the noodle mixture to a platter. Remove the chicken from the oven and arrange 4 chicken breast halves down the center of the noodles. Spoon about half of the sauce over the chicken. (You could also do this on individual dinner plates.) Reserve the remaining chicken for the Second (and Third) Time Around.
Calories 340 Calories from Fat 75
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.8%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 79.2 mg26.4%
Sodium 156.4 mg6.5%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 34 g67.2%
Vitamin A 11.6% Vitamin C 14.8%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet