Breaded Chicken Livers with Sauteed Onions
|Plain dried bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Use 1/2 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 1⁄3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chicken livers||12 Ounce|
|Sliced onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In shallow dish,mix together bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper.
2) Dip livers, 1 at a time, into buttermilk, then into crumb mixture.
3) Arrange them on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
4) Drizzle any remaining crumbs evenly all over livers.
5) Bake at 350°F. till lightly browned for about 15 to 20 minutes.
6) Allow the livers to bake.
7) Alternately,in a 9-inch nonstick skillet, heat margarine until hot and bubbly.
8) Now add onions and fry quickly until golden.
9) Serve the fried onions with breaded livers.