Breaded Chicken Livers with Sauteed Onions
|Plain dried bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Use 1/2 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 1⁄3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chicken livers||12 Ounce|
|Sliced onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In shallow dish,mix together bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper.
2) Dip livers, 1 at a time, into buttermilk, then into crumb mixture.
3) Arrange them on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
4) Drizzle any remaining crumbs evenly all over livers.
5) Bake at 350°F. till lightly browned for about 15 to 20 minutes.
6) Allow the livers to bake.
7) Alternately,in a 9-inch nonstick skillet, heat margarine until hot and bubbly.
8) Now add onions and fry quickly until golden.
9) Serve the fried onions with breaded livers.
Calories 121 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.2%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g8.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 198.6 mg66.2%
Sodium 145.3 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.64 g2.6%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 12 g24.1%
Vitamin A 131.5% Vitamin C 25%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 30.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet