Chicken Breasts With Sun Dried Tomatoes
|Skinless boneless chicken breasts||1 1⁄2 Pound (2 Breasts)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sun dried tomatoes in oil||12|
|Pitted black olives||12 (Green Or Black Olives, Packed In Oil)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry white wine/Verjus||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Drained capers||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Separate the tenderloins from the breast meat. Cut the chicken breasts into halves along the breastbone line. Cut each half in half again, vertically, so you end up with 8 slender strips.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken strips and tenderloins and reduce the heat to medium. Cook the chicken, undisturbed, for about 5 minutes. When the top looks opaque, turn the chicken over and cook until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes longer. (The tenderloins take less time to cook, so remove them from the pan sooner.)
3. While the chicken is cooking, slice the sun-dried tomatoes into 1/8-inch slivers, cut each olive into quarters, and mince the garlic. Stir the cornstarch into the chicken broth.
4. When the chicken is cooked through, remove it to a plate. Discard the oil in the skillet and return the skillet to medium-high heat.
5. Add the garlic and wine, and boil it down until 2 tablespoons remain. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, capers, and olives and heat for 30 seconds. Using a fork, give the cornstarch mixture a stir and add it to the skillet. Bring the liquid to a boil and simmer until slightly thickened and glossy, 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve immediately.
Calories 355 Calories from Fat 127
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.7%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 98.7 mg32.9%
Sodium 412.8 mg17.2%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.8%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 41 g81.7%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 5.2%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet