Oven Barbecued Chicken
|Tomato juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White distilled vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Firmly packed dark brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon, powdered|
|Pepper||1 Dash (To Taste)|
|Chicken parts||3 Pound, skinned|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a 1-quart saucepan, add all the ingredients together except the chicken and onions, cook over a medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
3) In a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish, arrange the chicken parts in a layer.
4) Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, basting the chicken frequently, until thoroughly cooked.
5) Remove and discard the bay leaf before serving.
6) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.