Pecan Breaded Chicken Breasts
|Skinless boneless chicken breasts||1 1⁄2 Pound, halved|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Dijon mustard||4 Tablespoon|
|Pecan halves||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Egg||1 Large, lightly beaten|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh chives/Scallions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White wine/Verjus||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Place the chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap and lightly flatten them with a meat pounder or a heavy skillet. Season them lightly with salt and pepper.
2. Rub 2 tablespoons of the mustard into the chicken breasts and set them aside. Finely grind the pecans in a food processor and transfer them to a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, beat the egg and water together. Dip the chicken pieces in the egg and then coat them with the pecans.
3. Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cnicjcen ana cook, wunoui aisniroing, unui the edges are beginning to turn opaque, 5 minutes. Turn the chicken over, reduce the heat to low and cook, without disturbing, until cooked through, 10 minutes longer. Meanwhile, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons mustard with the sour cream and chives.
4. Remove the chicken to a plate, and pour the fat from the skillet through a sieve to catch the bits of pecans. Spoon the strained pecans over the chicken. Return the skillet to medium-high heat.
5. Add the wine and boil for 1 minute. Add the broth and boil until almost entirely evaporated, 2 minutes longer. Remove the skillet from the heat and whisk in the sour cream mixture. When the sauce is smooth, season to taste with salt and pepper and spoon it over the chicken.