Easy Chicken and Broccoli
|Chicken breasts||10 Ounce, skinned and boned, cut into 3 x 1-inch strips|
|Broccoli spears||4 , blanched and cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Ginger root||1⁄2 Teaspoon, minced, pared|
|Ready to serve canned chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oyster sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Pepper||1 Dash (To Taste)|
1) In a 10-inch non-stick skillet, saute the chicken in the margarine over a medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes, turning occasionally, until evenly lightly browned, keep aside.
2) Into the same skillet, saute the broccoli, garlic and ginger for 1 minute.
3) In a 2-cup measure or a small mixing bowl, mix the broth, oyster sauce, and cornstarch, until the cornstarch is dissolved.
4) Stir into the broccoli mixture and return the chicken into the skillet.
5) Stir in the pepper and cook over a low heat for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thickened.
6) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.