Asian Chicken, Breaded And Baked
|Unsweetened coconut milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Preferably Light)|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Chicken||4 Pound, quartered or cut into 8 pieces, skin removed|
|Dried bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 Â°F.
2. Wash one of the limes, and using a sharp paring knife, remove a 1 X 1/4-inch piece of zest. Be sure to leave all white pith behind. Juice the lime; you should have about 2 table-spoonfuls of juice.
3. In a blender combine the coconut milk, cumin, red pepper flakes, cinnamon, coriander, garlic, lime zest, lime juice, and 1 teaspoon salt. Blend until thoroughly mixed.
4. Score the chicken flesh with a sharp knife, then rub the coconut milk , mixture onto the chicken. Dip the chicken in the bread crumbs, patting so they adhere on both sides.
5. Set the leg and thigh pieces on a baking pan and bake for 15 minutes. Add the breast and wing pieces, bone side down, and bake until all parts are cooked through, 50 minutes more. Cut the remaining lime into wedges and serve with the chicken.