Chicken Liver Risotto With Mushrooms
|Butter||2 1⁄2 Ounce (65 Grams)|
|Long grain rice||8 Ounce (225 Grams)|
|Chicken stock||1 Pint (6 Dl)|
|Small mushrooms||4 Ounce (100 Grams)|
|Pepper||To Taste, freshly milled|
|Chicken livers||8 Ounce (225 Grams)|
|Seasoned flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As Required, For Coating)|
|Grated cheese||2 Tablespoon (As Required, For Garnishing)|
1. Peel onion and chop finely.
2. Lengthwise cut the green pepper in halves, deseed and shred.
3. Trim fat and chop the bacon rashers.
4. Wash, trim and slice the mushrooms; keep aside.
5. Trim the chicken livers with scissors; keep aside.
6. In a heavy saucepan or flameproof casserole, melt 1 ounce (25 grams) of the butter
7. Stir in the bacon, onion and green pepper.
8. Put the lid on and sautÃ© gently for about 5 minutes until the onion and green pepper are soft but not brown.
9. Stir in the rice until coated evenly with butter and onions.
10. Add the hot chicken stock and bring the mixture to boil with constant stirring.
11. Reduce the heat to low; cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer gently for about 20â€”30 minutes until the rice is tender and all the liquid has been absorbed.
12. In a saucepan, take 1/4 pint (1 1/2 dl) of water, 1/2 ounce (15 grams) of the remaining butter and a seasoning of salt and pepper.
13. Add the mushrooms and bring up to the boil.
14. Then, simmer for about 5 minutes until the mushrooms are tender.
15. Drain and reserve the mushrooms.
16. In a frying pan, heat the remaining 1 ounce (25 grams) of butter.
17. Dip the trimmed chicken livers in seasoned flour and fry them in the melted butter.
18. Drain and cut the livers into slices.
19. When the rice is cooked, add the mushrooms and chicken livers to the rice and using a fork, gently fold it into the risotto.
20. On a hot serving dish, pile the risotto and top with plenty of grated cheese.
21. Serve immediately.