Chicken Livers, East And West
|Chicken livers||1 Pound|
|Chopped onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped green bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), pressed|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||1 Dash|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), hot (As Desired)|
1) Cut the chicken livers into half and drain well.
2) Drain the oysters well.
3) In a large skillet, add oil and heat over high flame.
4) To the hot oil, add onion, celery, green pepper and garlic and cook until tender, but not brown.
5) Remove the cooked ingredients and keep aside.
6) Now, in the same skillet, cook the halved chicken livers and oysters, until lightly browned. Ensure that the meat is not overcooked.
7) To this, add the vegetables to skillet.
8) In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, salt, pepper, curry powder, cold water, wine and soy sauce.
9) To the chicken mixture in the skillet, add this.
10) Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and bubbles form.
11) Serve the chicken liver mixture over hot rice. Before serving, garnish with green pepper rings.