Chicken A La King With Hot Rice
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Paprika||1 Teaspoon (Or As Required)|
|Chicken stock/Canned broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
|Pimentos||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into strips|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), sauteed|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cut into strips and cooked in water until soft|
|Chicken||3 Cup (48 tbs), diced and cooked|
1) In a skillet, heat butter.
2) To this, stir in flour and a few grains of paprika.
3) Now, add chicken stock, milk and cream, stirring constantly.
4) Bring the sauce to a boil.
5) Add hot (but not boiling) water to this and cook for 15 more minutes.
6) Remove the sauce from heat.
7) To this, add beaten egg yolks, pimento, mushrooms, cooked green peppers and chicken.
8) Season with salt, pepper and sherry to taste.
9) Serve with hot rice.
You can use the same sauce recipe for shrimp, lobster, ham, whole mushrooms, asparagus, or eggs.