Chicken Noodle Casserole
|Fryer chicken/Hen||3 Pound|
|Noodles||8 Ounce (1/4 Inch Size , 1 Package)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Pimento||1 Can (10 oz), chopped|
|Canned pimento||4 Ounce, chopped (1 Small Can)|
|Cream of mushroom soup/Cream of chicken soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
1) In salted water, cook chicken until tender.
2) Remove the chicken from broth.
3) Remove the bones and cut into bite size pieces.
4) Reserve 1 1/2 cups of broth aside, for the casserole.
5) In the remaining broth, cook the noodles as per the package directions.
6) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
7) In a large skillet, heat butter or oleo.
8) When hot, saute onion and bell pepper until soft.
9) To this, add chicken, noodles, bell pepper, onion, pimento, soup and 1 3/4 cups of broth.
10) Chop half of the cheese really fine and add to mixture.
11) Add salt and pepper to taste.
12) Transfer to a buttered casserole.
13) Grate the remaining cheese on top of the casserole mix.
14) Bake uncovered for 30 to 45 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
15) Transfer to a serving platter and serve hot, with a vegetable salad.