Chicken Liver Vegetable Medley
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Divided)|
|Chicken livers||5 Ounce|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced (Small Cloves)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Instant chicken broth and seasoning mix||1 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Tomato||1 Medium, cut into wedges|
|Spaghetti||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cooked|
|Pepper||1 Dash (Or To Taste)|
1) In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, saute the livers in 1 teaspoon oil over a high heat for 1 to 2 minutes, until no longer red.
Remove from the skillet and keep aside.
2) In the same skillet, saute the onion, mushrooms, bell pepper and garlic in 1/2 teaspoon oil for 1 minute.
3) Sprinkle the vegetables with flour, stir and cook for another 1 minute.
4) Gradually stir in water, tomato sauce and broth mix, bring to a boil, then simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, until the liquid is thickened.
5) Stir in the tomato wedges, spaghetti, pepper and reserved livers. Then cook covered for 1 to 2 minutes until the mixture is thoroughly heated and the liver is cooked.
6) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 132 Calories from Fat 30
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.2%
Saturated Fat 0.79 g4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 122.3 mg40.8%
Sodium 49.5 mg2.1%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 9 g18.9%
Vitamin A 85.7% Vitamin C 45.9%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 22.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet