Roasted Chicken With Potatoes And Garlic
|Roasting chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound (1 In Number)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Mixed herbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Mixed fresh herbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Parsley, Sage, Basil, Thyme, Cilantro, And Oregano All Work Well)|
|Cold unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Yukon gold potatoes,||8 Medium, quartered|
|Olive oil||1 1⁄3 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Yukon gold potatoes,||8 Medium, washed and quartered|
1. Heat the oven to 450Â°F.
2. To prepare the chicken by remove its giblets, reserving them for another use, then wash and dry the bird thoroughly.
3. On a cutting board chop the 3 cloves of garlic and the herbs very well, place them in a small bowl and cut the butter into the garlic-herb mixture.
4. Under the skin of the chicken Place three-fourths of the butter-garlic-herb mixture, starting at the neck end and spread it until the breast is covered with the mixture.
5. On the skin Rub the remaining butter-garlic-herb mixture, squeeze the lemon over the chicken and place the lemon half in the cavity.
6. Squeeze the remaining lime over the chicken and discard the peel.
7. Tucking the wings of the bird behind its shoulders, tie its legs together.
8. In a mixing bowl place the potatoes, sprinkle them with the salt, pepper and the 1 tablespoon of olive oil, toss well and place them on a heavy-duty roasting pan.
9. Remove the loose skin from the four bulbs of garlic cutting approximately 1/4 inch off the non-stem side of each bulb to expose the raw garlic.
10. With the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil Drizzle over the garlic and place the bulbs on the baking tray with the potatoes.
11. On the middle rack of the oven place the chicken and on the rack below the bird place the roasting pan containing the garlic in order to catch any drippings.
12. Immediately reduce the oven temperature to 350Â°F and roast the chicken until the juices run clear when the leg is pierced or until an internal temperature of 180Â°F is reached, approximately 1 hour.
13. From the oven remove the bird and allow it to sit in a warm place for 10 minutes before carving it.
14. Serve hot with an optional garnish of fresh greens.