Chicken Marinated In Curried Yogurt
|Ginger root||1 Inch, peeled, finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled and finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Jalapeno||1 , seeded and finely chopped|
|Scallions||4 , trimmed and thinly sliced|
|Flat-leaf parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Plain non-fat yogurt||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Peanut oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken thighs||10 , skin and visible fat removed|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a large nonmetal bowl mix the gingerroot, garlic, jalapeno, scallions, parsley, yogurt and lemon juice thoroughly.
2. In a small skillet heat the peanut oil over low heat and sautÃ© together curry powder, coriander and cinnamon stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
3. Add the spices to the yogurt mixture and season with salt and pepper.
4. Add chicken to the yogurt marinade, cover the bowl tightly and refrigerate the chicken overnight.
5. Prepare a charcoal grill by lighting a charcoal fire.
6. Removing the chicken from the marinade, grill until cooked through for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
7. Serve hot with an optional garnish of greens.
Calories 535 Calories from Fat 149
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.6%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.9%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 286.4 mg95.5%
Sodium 458.2 mg19.1%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.2%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 81 g162.7%
Vitamin A 16.4% Vitamin C 28.2%
Calcium 22.7% Iron 30.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet