Chicken Paprika With Tomato Puree
|Chicken||3 Pound, jointed into eight pieces (1 Chicken, 1 1/2 Kilogram)|
|Pepper||To Taste, freshly milled|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Chicken stock||3⁄4 Pint (4 1/2 Deciliter)|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Single cream||1⁄4 Pint (1 1/2 Deciliter)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , freshly squeezed|
1. Trim fat off the chicken pieces.
2. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and keep aside.
3. Peel and chop the onion finely.
4. In a large Dutch oven or casserole, melt the butter over moderate heat
5. When hot add onion and sautÃ© for about 5 minutes until limp.
6. Add paprika and 1/4 pint stock and stir well.
7. Add the chicken and bring stock to a boil.
8. Cover casserole tightly with lid and reduce heat.
9. Stew for 45 hour turning chicken occasionally.
10. Test chicken for doneness with tip of a knife, piecing it in the thickest portion of the thigh piece, when tender, using a slotted spoon, remove to a serving dish, cover and keep warm
11. To the cooking liquid add tomato puree and remaining stock and stir well.
12. Make a smooth mixture of cream and flour and pour it into the cooking liquid, stirring vigorously until well blended.
13. Cook on medium low flame, stirring until well blended, smooth and thick.
14. Adjust seasoning and stir in lemon juice.
15. Heat the sauce well for about 5 minutes, stirring to prevent lumps.
16. Strain the sauce over the chicken.
17. Serve hot with rice or noodles if you like.