Delmarva Licious Golden Fried Chicken
|Broiler fryer chicken||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut in quarters (2 Chicken)|
|Bitters||1 Tablespoon (Preferably Aromatic)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh green beans||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Italian salad dressing oil||18 Ounce (1 Bottle)|
|Dried breadcrumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red leaf lettuce||1 (Fresh)|
1) In a large bowl, mix together bitters,lemon juice, bourbon, paprika, salt, garlic salt and 1/4 cup water
2)Put the chicken quarters in this mixture and coat it well.
3)Cover and marinate in the fridge for atleast an hour, turning the chicken pieces occasionally.
4) In a 12- inch skillet, add green beans in 3/4 cup water and bring it to boil.
5) Drain the beans
6) In a bowl, mix green beans, onion and salad dressing.
7) Refrigerate this mixture until serving time.
8)Reduce heat, cover and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes untill beans are tender and yet crisp.
9) In the same skillet, heat 56 inch salad oil to 350â€™F.
10) Use a thermometer to measure the heat level.
11) Remove chicken from the fridge.
12) To the remaining marinade, add eggs and mix well with a fork.
13) Place bread crumbs in one waxed paper; place flour in another waxed paper.
14) Coat the chicken with flour and then dip into egg and finally coat it with bread crumbs.
15) Make sure that the chicken is well coated.
16) Heat oil in a pan, place 1/3 chicken pieces.
17) Cook till the underside is golden.
18) Reduce heat and further cook for 5 minutes.
19) With a pancake turner, turn chicken to the other side and cook for another 5 minutes until chicken gets golden colour.
20) Remove from oil and keep warm.
21) Repeat the same action for the rest of the chicken.
22) Drain the chicken pieces in a paper towel
23) Neatly arrange a serving dish with lettuce.
24) Put the green bean salad on top of the lettuce.
25) Place the chicken pieces on top and serve hot.