Tropical Broiled Chicken
|Broiler fryer chicken quarters||4|
|Ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Canned crushed pineapple with juice||8 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, finely minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely minced|
1. To prepare the chicken for boiling break its joints so that it lies flat while broiling.
2. On broiler pan place chicken skin side down, set temperature control at Broil and arrange oven rack such that chicken is about 5 inches from heat.
3. Broil for about 20 minutes more such that light brown, then turn and broil about 20 minutes more such that fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
4. In small saucepan mix cornstarch and ginger and stir in pineapple and juice, orange juice, soy sauce, lemon juice, lime juice, honey, onion and garlic.
5. Let it cook with constant stirring over low heat about 5 minutes such that the sauce thickens.
6. Over chicken the last 5 minutes of broiling time spoon pineapple mixture.
7. Serve hot with garnish as desired.