Broiled Chicken Deluxe
|Broiler fryer chicken||6 Pound, cut into quarters (2 Chicken, 3 Pound Each)|
|Lemon||1 , freshly squeezed into juice|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Pound, cut into small pieces (1/2 Stick)|
2) In a broiling pan, arrange chicken quarters with skin side-up.
3) Pour lemon over chicken.
4) Sprinkle with sugar, salt, paprika, and pepper.
5) Drizzle the chicken with butter or margerine and place it in the broiler without the racks and about 7 to 9 inches from source of heat
6) Broil the chicken for about 25 minutes at 450'F
7) Keep brushing the chicken with butter as soon as butter melts.
8) Turn chicken and brush it with the pan dripping.
9) Broil for another 15 minutes, or until well cooked. Keep brushing the chicken with the pan juices to avoid it from getting dry.
10) Take the chicken out of the broiler and skim the fat from the pan.
11) Pour the pan juices over chicken and serve it hot.
12) This preparation can be served with fried onion rings and potato salad.
Calories 1693 Calories from Fat 1129
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 126 g193.4%
Saturated Fat 43.9 g219.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 571.2 mg190.4%
Sodium 485.7 mg20.2%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 127 g254.4%
Vitamin A 46.5% Vitamin C 38.2%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 36.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet