Onion and Cheese Chicken Bake
|Boneless chicken breasts||3 , halved and skinned|
|Canned sliced mushrooms||4 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|French fried onion rings||3 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Monterey jack cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
1. In a small microwaveable bowl, place butter.
2. Melt it in the microwave for 1 minute.
3. Add seasoning to the melted butter.
4. In a large-size (3 quart) microwave proof baking dish, place chicken pieces, arranging the meatier portions on the outer periphery.
5. Pour the melted butter evenly over the chicken pieces.
6. Use waxed paper to cover the dish, this helps to keep the chicken moist.
7. Brown the chicken in the microwave at HIGH for 5 minutes.
8. Turn the chicken pieces over, spooning the butter on top.
9. Scatter the mushrooms over the chicken pieces.
10. Re-cover the dish and return to the microwave.
11. Cook the chicken for another 3 minutes, until chicken is tender.
12. Arrange the French fried onion rings over the chicken pieces and sprinkle generously with cheese.
13. Microwave for 2 minutes to heat through and melt the cheese.
14. Transfer chicken pieced onto a serving platter or individual plates
15. Serve hot and cheesy, along with a salad on the side if you like.