Sauterned Artichoke Chicken
|Broiler fryer chicken||3 , halved, boned and skinned|
|Celery salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||6 Tablespoon (Divided)|
|Canned artichoke hearts||16 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Frozen peas with pearl onions||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Mushrooms||1 Pound (Small Sized)|
|Green onion||2 Tablespoon, chopped (Green And White Part Included)|
|Oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cherry tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. To prepare the chicken sprinkle over it with celery salt and lemon pepper
2. In frypan, melt 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat add chicken and cook, turning, about 10 minutes or until brown on both sides.
3. To 3-quart casserole remove chicken and arrange artichoke hearts and peas and onions in and around chicken.
4. In same frypan, add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to drippings and sautÃ© mushrooms and green onion for about 3 minutes such that tender but not brown.
5. Sprinkle flour over vegetable mixture, stir in oregano, chicken broth and wine and simmer 2 minutes such that smooth and thickened.
6. Pour sauce over chicken and vegetables, cover and bake in 375Â° oven about 25 minutes such that fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
7. Gradually add yogurt, stirring constantly heating thoroughly and spread over rice.
8. Garnish with cherry tomatoes, lemon twists and parsley sprigs and serve.
Calories 1859 Calories from Fat 1131
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 126 g193.5%
Saturated Fat 40.1 g200.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 594.7 mg198.2%
Sodium 895.1 mg37.3%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 8 g31.9%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 148 g296.6%
Vitamin A 57% Vitamin C 72.8%
Calcium 14.8% Iron 52.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet