Hot Ginger Tomato Chicken
|Broiler fryer chicken breast halves||6 , skinned, boned|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon, divided|
|Onion||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Green onions||3 , chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ginger||3 Tablespoon, minced, peeled|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned whole tomatoes||28 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Balsamic vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Sugar snap peas||1⁄2 Pound, trimmed and cooked crisp tender|
|Rice||4 Cup (64 tbs), cooked|
1. Slice each breast half crosswise into 5 slices.
2. In large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil to medium temperature, cook chicken turning for about 10 minutes such that brown on all sides, remove to bowl and set aside.
3. In the same frying pan in the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, cook onion, green onions, garlic, red pepper flakes and ginger for about 5 minutes such that onion is very soft.
4. Adding sugar, stir such that onion begins to caramelize and adding broth, wine, tomatoes, salt, pepper and vinegar bring to a boil.
5. Lowering heat simmer about 30 minutes such that the mixture thickens.
6. In the frying pan cook the chicken for about 5 minutes such that heated through, add peas and heat.
7. To serve onto a heated platter spoon rice and sauce and place the chicken over it.
Calories 1479 Calories from Fat 366
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.1%
Saturated Fat 9.4 g47.2%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 165.1 mg55%
Sodium 1014.1 mg42.3%
Total Carbohydrates 189 g63%
Dietary Fiber 9.7 g39%
Sugars 16.2 g
Protein 74 g147.2%
Vitamin A 51.8% Vitamin C 107.1%
Calcium 21.3% Iron 44.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet