Chicken with Peppers and Mushrooms
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken thighs||8 , skin removed and discarded|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), peeled|
|Red bell pepper||1 , cored, seeded, and diced|
|Green bell pepper||1 , cored, seeded, and diced|
|Yellow bell pepper||1 , cored, seeded, and diced|
|Dried rosemary||2 Teaspoon|
|White mushrooms||1 Pound, sliced (Cultivated)|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Canned whole tomatoes||28 Ounce, chopped (1 Can)|
1) In a large Dutch oven, sear the chicken seasoned with the salt on both sides in the olive oil, turning once.
2) Remove the chicken from the pot, keep aside and pour off reserve 2 teaspoons of the pan drippings.
3) Saute the garlic on a medium heat until golden. Remove the garlic, and reserve.
4) Saute the red, green and yellow bell peppers with a dash of salt, stirring frequently, until they begin to soften.
5) Stir in the rosemary, mushrooms and a dash of salt, then stirring frequently and saute for about 5 minutes until the mushrooms are soft and all of their liquid has evaporated.
6) Return the chicken to the pot over a high heat alongwith its juices. Add the wine and vinegar, then simmer the liquid for 2 minutes.
7) Stir in the tomatoes, bring to a boil and then simmer on a low heat for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with the salt and pepper.
8) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 368 Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.6%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 114.5 mg38.2%
Sodium 494.5 mg20.6%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.7%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 35 g70.6%
Vitamin A 54.9% Vitamin C 253.8%
Calcium 14.1% Iron 33.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet