Lime Like Chicken
|Broiler fryer chicken breast halves||6 , boned, skinned|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon, divided|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), divided (4 Tablespoons, Melted)|
|Chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lime juice||6 Tablespoon, divided|
|Dijon mustard||4 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vermouth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Pimiento stuffed olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Large Ones)|
|Rice||4 Cup (64 tbs), cooked|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. With meat mallet, on hard surface pound chicken breasts to 1/4-inch.
2. Sprinkle the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
3. In large frying pan, melt 4 tablespoons margarine over medium heat, sautÃ© chicken turning, about 8 minutes such that brown on both sides, then remove and set aside.
4. To same frying pan, whisk in chicken broth, 3 tablespoons lime juice, mustard and brown sugar.
5. In small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth, add to broth mixture and cook stirring for about 3 minutes such that the mixture thickens.
6. Whisk in remaining 3 tablespoons lime juice and 4 tablespoons melted margarine and return chicken to the broth mixture.
7. Add vermouth and simmer with cover for about 5 minutes.
8. Add mushrooms and olives and simmer for about 5 minutes more such that fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
9. Mix cooked rice with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper and pecans and serve.