Sweet And Sour Chicken Balls
|Ground chicken||1 Pound|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Flour||5 , divided|
|Canola oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Canned pineapple chunks||14 Ounce (In Own Juice, 1 Can)|
|Chicken bouillon cube||1|
|Green pepper||1 , sliced in 1 1/2-inch pieces|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Serving)|
|Chinese noodles||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Serving)|
1. In medium mixing bowl, mix together egg, garlic, salt and pepper.
2. Add ground chicken and 2 tablespoons of the flour.
3. On a wax paper, sprinkle the remaining 3 tablespoons flour.
4. Drop chicken mixture onto the floured wax paper.
5. Roll in flour to coat well and form balls.
6. In nonstick frying pan, place canola oil over high temperature.
7. Add chicken balls and cook for about 6 minutes until brown,.
8. Remove chicken balls and drain on paper towels.
9. Drain oil from frying pan, reserving 1 tablespoon.
10. Drain juice from pineapple chunks into measuring cup.
11. Add water to make 1 cup liquid.
12. Add bouillon cube to pineapple juice; stir to dissolve.
13. In a frying pan over low temperature, place pineapple chunks and green pepper.
14. Stir and cook about 2 minutes.
15. In a small bowl, place cornstarch, sugar and ginger.
16. Stir in soy sauce and vinegar until smooth.
17. To frying pan, add pineapple juice mixture and then cornstarch mixture, stirring and cooking until clear and thickened, about 5 minutes.
18. Arrange chicken balls over sauce.Serve hot with rice or crisp Chinese noodles.