Creamy Almond Chicken
|Boneless chicken breasts||2 , halved, skinned|
|Condensed cream of onion soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
1. On a microwave grilling rack, arrange the bacon slices.
2. Cover them with double sheets of paper toweling.
3. Microwave on HIGH for just about 2 minutes.
4. Wrap each chicken breast portion lengthwise in a bacon slice, securing with a toothpick if required.
5. In a large-size (3 quart) microwave proof baking dish, place chicken pieces, arranging the meatier portions on the outer periphery.
6. Use waxed paper to cover the dish, this helps to keep the chicken moist.
7. Brown the chicken in the microwave at HIGH for 5 minutes.
8. Drain the fat and turn over the pieces.
9. In a small bowl, blend together soup, sherry and pepper.
10. Pour this evenly over the chicken pieces.
11. Re-cover the dish and return to the microwave, reducing the power to 7.
12. Cook the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes, until chicken is tender.
13. Let the chicken stand covered for 5 minutes to absorb the flavors before serving.
14. Transfer chicken pieced onto a serving platter or individual plates, removing the toothpicks if used.
15. Stir the sauce and spoon over the chicken.
16. Garnish with almonds.
17. Serve hot along with a salad if you like.