Pecan Crusted Chicken Tenders Salad With Tangy Maple Barbecue Dressing
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Chicken tenders||2 Pound|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten with a splash of milk or water|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped in a food processor|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly grated or ground|
|Maple syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tangy barbecue sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Navel orange||1 , juiced|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Romaine lettuce||3 , shredded|
|Radishes||6 , thinly sliced|
|Scallions||6 , trimmed and chopped on an angle|
1) In a skillet heat 1 & 1/2 to 2 inches oil over medium-high heat.
2) Season chicken tenders with salt and pepper.
3) Arrange 3 shallow dishes.
4) In one dish put flour, in another eggs beaten with water or milk and in the third mix bread crumbs with ground pecans, nutmeg, and orange zest.
5) Dredge tenders in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs and pecans. Do this in batches.
6) In a skillet heat oil and fry tenders in small batches for 6 to 7 minutes.
7) Drain them on paper towels.
8) To prepare dressing, in a bowl mix maple syrup, barbecue sauce and orange juice
9) Mix oil and whisk. Keep aside.
10) In a large salad bowl or on a serving platter mix romaine, radishes, and scallions.
11) Toss with 3/4 of the dressing.
12) Season with salt and pepper.
13) Serve with pecan-crusted chicken tenders on top and drizzle remaining dressing over top.