Chicken With Mushrooms
|Corn oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Whole chicken breasts||2 , skinned, split|
|Mushrooms||5 Cup (80 tbs), sliced|
|Shallots||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Tomato paste||3 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
1) Dredge the chicken breasts in flour and shake off the excess.
2) In a large skillet, heat oil and add the chicken breasts searing till the bottom turns brown.
3) Add in the chopped shallots and turn over the chicken to sear on the other side as well.
4) If the chicken starts to stick to the skillet, add in a few drops of water.
5) When the chicken has turned a nice golden brown on both sides and the shallots have also become soft, stir in mushrooms, garlic, tomato paste, stock, bay leaf, basil, thyme and marjoram.
6) Cover the skillet, reduce the flame and let it cook for about 60 minutes.
7) Test the chicken for doneness and turn off the flame.
8) Serve Chicken with Mushrooms hot over pasta, rice, polenta and even boiled potatoes.