Chicken with Mushrooms
|Corn oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Whole chicken breasts||2 , skinned, split|
|Mushrooms||5 Cup (80 tbs), sliced|
|Shallots||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Tomato paste||3 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
1) Dredge the chicken breasts in flour and shake off the excess.
2) In a large skillet, heat oil and add the chicken breasts searing till the bottom turns brown.
3) Add in the chopped shallots and turn over the chicken to sear on the other side as well.
4) If the chicken starts to stick to the skillet, add in a few drops of water.
5) When the chicken has turned a nice golden brown on both sides and the shallots have also become soft, stir in mushrooms, garlic, tomato paste, stock, bay leaf, basil, thyme and marjoram.
6) Cover the skillet, reduce the flame and let it cook for about 60 minutes.
7) Test the chicken for doneness and turn off the flame.
8) Serve Chicken with Mushrooms hot over pasta, rice, polenta and even boiled potatoes.
Calories 248 Calories from Fat 93
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.2%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.5 mg17.8%
Sodium 245.8 mg10.2%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 27 g54.8%
Vitamin A 6.9% Vitamin C 12.9%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet