Lemon Parsley Stuffed Chicken
|Whole broiler fryer chicken||1|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Green onion tops||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 Large, 1/2 juiced, 1/2 sliced|
|Lemon parsley stuffing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. With salt rub chicken cavity and spoon Lemon Parsley Stuffing loosely into cavity.
2. In shallow roasting pan, place chicken, breast side up and wing tips twisted under chicken, brush chicken thoroughly with oil and roast, uncovered, basting occasionally with pan drippings, in 375Â°F oven for about 1 1/2 hours such that leg moves freely when lifted or twisted.
3. In small frypan, heat together butter mixed with 1/4 cup pan drippings to medium heat such that butter melts and sautÃ© mushrooms and onion until soft.
4. Stirring in sherry cook until mixture starts to bubble, add 2 tablespoons lemon juice from juiced 1/2 lemon along with the lemon slices.
5. Remove chicken from roasting pan to platter, pour sauce over and serve.