Pesto Stuffed Chicken Legs
|Broiler-fryer chicken||8 (Leg-Thigh Combinations)|
|Mushrooms||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sliced|
|Basil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Butter||3 Tablespoon, divided|
|Mustard dipping sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 450Â°F.
2. To make pesto in a blender blend together mushrooms, basil, garlic, ginger and 2 tablespoons of the butter to smooth paste consistency.
3. Create small pouch over thigh portion of leg by loosening top skin starting from the thigh end, fill the pouch with pesto and pull skin back to original position.
4. In a roasting rack of a baking pan place chicken, brush lightly with remaining 1 tablespoon butter, softened and bake in the oven for about 35 minutes such that brown and fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
5. Then brush the chicken lightly with Mustard Dipping Sauce.
6. To serve line a serving tray with fresh basil, place chicken legs stuffing side up on top and garnish with cherry tomatoes.
7. Serve remaining Mustard Dipping Sauce in separate bowl.
To prevent the skin of the chicken from shrinking when cooking, pierce skin with tip of knife between pouch and leg bone.
Calories 191 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 274.1 mg91.4%
Sodium 194.6 mg8.1%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 0.29 g1.2%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 19 g37.1%
Vitamin A 185.5% Vitamin C 31.8%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 33.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet