Apricot Glazed Chicken
|Whole broiler fryer chicken breasts||4 , halved and skinned|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Lemon pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried apricot halves||4 (To Garnish)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350Â°F
2. In small bowl, mix together olive oil, garlic, lemon pepper and lemon juice and brush onto chicken with pastry brush.
3. In baking pan, place chicken and bake in oven 30 minutes.
4. In a medium saucepan, bring together apricots and orange juice to a boil.
5. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes such that apricots are tender.
6. Stir in mustard, brown sugar and ginger and simmer for about 2 minutes more.
7. In a blender blend apricot mixture for about 30 seconds such that finely minced.
8. With apricot mixture coat the chicken and bake for about 30 minutes more such that fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
9. Under broiler broil chicken for 1 minute such that slightly brown.
10. To serve remove to serving dish and garnish with endive and apricot halves.