Fried Garlic Chicken
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Chicken breast||1 , skinned, boned, partially frozen|
|Plum sauce||2 Tablespoon (Chinese)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon (Japanese)|
|Pickled ginger vinegar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried mushrooms||8 (Chinese)|
|Pickled garlic cloves||4 Large|
|Ginger slices||2 (Thin)|
1) Make thin slices of the chicken breast.
2) In a large bowl, add in 1 tablespoon plum sauce, soy sauce, cornstarch, pickled garlic vinegar and the chicken slices. Mix well and allow it to rest for 30 minutes.
3) Alongside, soak the dried mushrooms in lukewarm water for 30 minutes,after which drain them, chop the central stem and slice into thin strips.
4) Slice the scallions into 1-inch long slices, peel and mince the pickled garlic and chop the ginger very finely. Set all aside.
5) In a heavy skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil, saute ginger, garlic, add in marinated chicken. Cook till done.
6) Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
7) Into the same skillet, add 1 tablespoon oil, sliced scallions, mushrooms, 1 tablespoon plum sauce. Stir well until the vegetables turn soft.
8) Add the chicken back into the skillet and cook for another 5 minutes.
9) Serve hot garlic chicken as a main dish.