Delicious Chicken A La King
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Green pepper||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Milk/Light cream||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Chicken/Turkey||3 Cup (48 tbs), cut up, cooked|
|Pimento||4 Ounce, sliced, drained to make 1/3 cup (1 Jar)|
|Canned mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced, drained (1 Can)|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a 3-quart casserole dish, combine green pepper with butter.
2. Heat at High for 3 to 5 minutes until green pepper is tender.
3. Add flour, salt and pepper; mix well.
4. Slowly add broth and milk; mix until smooth.
5. Heat on High for 9 to 11 minutes until sauce is thickened; stir twice.
6. Add the rest of the ingredients.
7. Heat on Medium for 7 to 8 minutes until all ingredients are heated through; stir twice.
8. Serve over toast, noodles or rice.