Chicken Breasts, French Style
|Chicken breasts||3 Large, skinned (Dressing)|
|Chicken breasts||3 Pound, boned, skinned and halved lengthwise (3 Large Pieces)|
|Ham slice||6 , thinly sliced|
|Prosciutto slices/Thinly sliced ham||6|
|Swiss cheese/American cheese||6 (Dressing)|
|Thin cheese slices||6 (Swiss Or American)|
|Cream of mushroom soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (Dressing)|
|Canned cream of mushroom soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Dry white wine||2 Tablespoon|
1. With a wooden mallet, pound each chicken breast to 1/4-inch thick.
2. Place 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of cheese on each breast half.
3. Fold over the sides and pin through the skin with toothpicks to secure.
4. Season with pepper.
5. In a cup, combine soup with wine and add mushrooms if desired.
6. In a 7-1/2" x 12" utility dish, melt butter or margarine for 30 seconds.
7. Add chicken in the hot butter or margarine and mix to coat.
8. Pour the wine mixture over the chicken.
9. Cover the chicken with wax paper.
10. Cook for 10 to 11 minutes, turning dish once.
11. Let it stand for 8-10 minutes before serving
12. Serve hot.