Mission Chicken Thighs
|Bacon slices||2 , chopped|
|Long grain white rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Uncooked)|
|Green bell pepper||1 Small, chopped (1 Jar)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Chopped mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs) (8 Pieces)|
|Peeled carrot||1 , finely chopped|
|Chicken stock/Bouillon||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sage||2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Chopped sage||2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken thighs||6 , skinned|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a 10-inch skillet, add bacon to cook until crisp.
2) Add rice to stir in until it begins to turn a light golden color.
3) Place bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, carrot, stock or bouillon, wine, salt, pepper and sage.
4) Stir well to mix all together.
5) Arrange chicken thighs on top.
6) Season with paprika.
7) Cover with a lid and simmer 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken is done.
8) Sprinkle with parsley at serving time.