Chicken With Walnuts
|Chicken breasts||12 Ounce, boned, skinned (375 Gram)|
|Corn flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Spring onions||2 , cut into 1/2 inch lengths|
|Root ginger slice||2 , peeled|
|Dried red chilies||4 , thinly sliced|
|Walnuts||2 Ounce, chopped|
|Black bean sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Green pepper||1 , cored, deseeded and cut into chunks|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
1) Make small cubes out of the chicken meat.
2) In a bowl, place the meat cubes, season with salt.
3) Pour in the egg white.
4) Add 1 tablespoon of corn flour and combine all together.
5) In a wok or heavy frying pan, add oil to heat up.
6) Add the chicken cubes and stir-fry for a few minutes until the meat is no longer pink.
7) Transfer the chicken cubes into a separate plate and keep aside.
8) In the wok, add spring onions, ginger, chillies and walnuts to stir in.
9) Pour in bean sauce.
10) Fold in green pepper and bring back the chicken cubes to the wok. Stir properly.
11) Add the sugar and sherry to stir-fry for about 1 minute.
12) In a small bowl, combine remaining teaspoon of corn flour with 1 tablespoon of cold water.
13) Add the paste to the wok and blend well to make a thick sauce.
14) Serve the preparation hot with rice.