Crispy Broiled Chicken
|Melted butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. Place chickens split in half lengthwise on the broiling pan.
2. Rub the entire surface with lemon juice and coat liberally with melted butter or margarine.
3. In a cup, for each half combine 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1/4 teaspoon paprika and 1/8 teaspoon pepper and sprinkle over the chicken.
4. In the broiler pan (not rack) place the chicken skin side down and place 6 to 9 inches from heat.
5. Broil slowly for 40 to 60 minutes, turning and brushing with melted butter or margarine two or three times to insure even browning.
6. Spoon the pan drippings over the chicken and serve with baked potatoes, asparagus with hollandaise sauce, combination salad or jelly roll.