Crispy Broiled Chicken
|Melted butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. Place chickens split in half lengthwise on the broiling pan.
2. Rub the entire surface with lemon juice and coat liberally with melted butter or margarine.
3. In a cup, for each half combine 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1/4 teaspoon paprika and 1/8 teaspoon pepper and sprinkle over the chicken.
4. In the broiler pan (not rack) place the chicken skin side down and place 6 to 9 inches from heat.
5. Broil slowly for 40 to 60 minutes, turning and brushing with melted butter or margarine two or three times to insure even browning.
6. Spoon the pan drippings over the chicken and serve with baked potatoes, asparagus with hollandaise sauce, combination salad or jelly roll.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3491 Calories from Fat 2255
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 251 g385.6%
Saturated Fat 80.1 g400.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1189.4 mg396.5%
Sodium 4940.9 mg205.9%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 10.7 g
Protein 280 g559.5%
Vitamin A 83.4% Vitamin C 54.5%
Calcium 18% Iron 78.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet